Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving!



I didn't get time to blog yesterday, but I hope that everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and got a chance to love on family and friends. Please take time to reflect on all you are thankful for this time of year. As the Christmas season approaches, we are blessed with the greatest thing of all.... the birth of our Lord, sweet Jesus.

TOP 10 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS YEAR:
10. My part time job (key word: part time)
9. Home- I know I have house fever like you wouldn't believe because I am so ready to be a home owner. However, the blessing of our house has been one that has definitely given my the opportunity to stay at home with Ivy more. So many memories have been made in my house (newly-weds and newly-parents), that I am sure it will be bitter sweet to move some day.
8. Church- I have went to Southland since I was a little girl. I also have went to church with Greg since we started dating. I am thankful for the biblical principles in such a large church. I am also so humbled by the serving attitudes found in our church.
7. BSF- This has challenged me and helped me to find my way into God's word daily. I am thankful for the obedience that it requires and my growing relationship with Christ Jesus.
6. Friends- Love them! Enough said :)
5. Good health- After gaining 50 lbs during pregnancy (OUCH) I have really made my health a priority. I feel better than I have since I don't know when! :) I want my health to keep up with Ivy and be a good example for her, just as my mom was for me.
4. My family- I have a very close knit family and I don't ever want to take advantage of the blessing that they are in our life.
3. Ivy- My life is forever changed by the entrance to mommy-hood. I could do a top 100 reasons I am thankful for this sweet girl!
2. Greg- I really struck gold meeting Greg at age 16 and never looking back! He is my soul mate and an excellent father.
1. God- his daily grace and guidance!