Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
In the midst of moving week we tried to take time out to remember our lives in the townhouse, have final picnics on the hill, and spending time at our new house to see what life has in store for the Smorstad family!
Outrider Way is where our family began... but we have outgrown the space!
Ivy and Rantz taking a break from swimming and enjoying pizza on the hill!
Ivy is ready to go!
We arrived to find our kitty cat, scared to death in Ivy's closet. Ivy was excited to "comfort" her with lots of Ivy loving!
Last night, after unpacking our life, we slept good (Ivy included-yay) and woke up refreshed. We are putting the finishing touches on our house to make it a Smorstad Home!
Coming REALLY REALLY soon!
Pictures :) and LOTS of them!!!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Our 1 year old (I get to say that for a month longer) should look like this:
Until she decided with the help of an Easter egg she could look like this:
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
She was happy to play just like that until her diaper really started weighing her down. She allowed me to strip her down (no fit- YAY!) and then she decided she wanted to sun tan in her birthday suit!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Posing with a big tree---- a REALLY REALLY big tree
Taking a photo break on the walk back toward the car.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
* I have 1 day left as a part time teacher..... and that means.....
WHOO-HOO my friends, I will be employed full time this fall in my usual first grade location!!!!
Thank you for your prayers and support in this matter. I was so excited to receive a phone call from a principal on Friday afternoon confirming my spot- this is a principal who was so patient to put up with my worry and calmed me 1,000+ times in the last month. I have a totally new appreciation for my job, my school, and the amazing health benefits. Not only that, but I am SUPER DUPER excited to have my class next year to myself. I will miss my fellow teacher friend, but I will not miss sharing my kiddos!! :)
* This coming week I start my first 2 master's classes. I am going to Georgetown and getting it in Elementary Education with an endorsement for ESL (English as a Second Language). I am nervous, excited, and dreading it all at the same time. I don't remember how to be a student and I've never been a student and mommy! Ahhhh- we'll see how it goes!
* We went to our first work picnic for Greg's company- weird, we felt old but young, as we were definitely the babies of the group! It was fun, but I took no pictures as I was chasing Miss Ivy trying to keep her from diving head first into the muddy slip and slide.
* Niko- update- So Ivy's babysitter, Christy, has 4 boys, 1 named Nicholas whom is often referred to as "Niko" by his big brothers. So that explains the name of Ivy's "friend." However, it does not explain how Niko is playing with her and making her laugh sporadically! It also doesn't make sense that she left Niko in the drawer when going to Nana's house the other day. So as of now, I believe Ivy has a full blown friend, but the name was not so original!
* Lastly, our girl has been sleeping in her crib transformed toddler bed for 2 days. We have new toddler bedding that we will be using in the new house and went ahead and changed the bed over to see how she would do. She has been so excited to get into her "big girl bed" and actually throws a fit when you go to get her out. Ivy has yet to realize she can get out on her own but I heard that comes later.... not going to be fun! However, for now she looks so stinking cute that I had to snap a photo! (Greg would have killed me if this would have woken her up- but I could not resist!)