Saturday, June 20, 2009

From 1 to 13... really?

Ivy is all about the pretend play these days. She plays mommy, cooking, grocery store, cleaning, school, and you name it! Anything that she sees happening in real life she acts out during play time. I didn't think that she would ever play "teenager" but that's how I felt today.


Our 1 year old (I get to say that for a month longer) should look like this:

Until she decided with the help of an Easter egg she could look like this:

With the smile on her face... she looks pretty proud of her new buds!
I couldn't miss this photo-op that I will use for blackmail when she really is 13- haha!

12 comments:

  1. It took me a while to see where the Easter eggs came into play, but once I did............I LAUGHED!!! Watch out Lexington!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Bailey has had the same "look" with her easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I couldn't figure it out at first either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO funny! She is so cute! I know... this age is SO much fun! Too bad we don't live by each other so our little girlies could play together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny!! She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! She looks so thrilled with her new look! She's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg sarah i laughed so hard when i saw this!! that is awesome! it made my whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is SO funny! What made her think to do that? That is hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. allie- i analyzed it for a little bit... thinking oh my goodness the media made her think she needs boobs before she is even 2!! but then i realized that was ludacris. she put in one egg and said she had one boobie but she needed another one... and in went the other egg. right now she is a little obsessed with boobs! i hope she never grows any... is that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  10. In response to your post, Sarah--apparently the "growing boob" thing skips a generation. If my theory holds true than Ivy will be all good--that is, if a 34A is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is GREAT! I laughed out loud! If you ask Layni if she has boobies she says, "no not yet." Ivy can't say that thought! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!