I am now into my 12th week of pregnancy and really showing. I started having to wear bigger clothes with Ivy at 12 weeks, but this time I look preggo by the 12th week.... I suppose that is something about your second baby. In the last week my belly has been transformed from a little pudge to the point when people are asking when I am due.... so I know the official baby bump is here. However, this stage of pregnancy is still hard for me. I feel so in between. I feel chubby not pregnant. I feel self conscious because NO clothes really fit me right. I feel sick at times. But I know the time of pregnancy that I enjoy is coming- so that is what I am waiting for!
I love being really pregnant! Even when I was HUGE with Ivy, I wasn't self conscious at that point. I love when I can feel every movement of the baby... even when a swift kick in the ribs doesn't feel so good it is just peace knowing that you are providing a home for a baby. I love knowing if it is a boy or a girl. I love planning and imagining what life will be like for our family. This time I will get to day dream about Ivy as a big sister.... which is one of the most exciting aspects of being pregnant for the second time. These are the thoughts that are keeping me going, excited about what is coming next in this stage of pregnancy.
Some weird (or totally normal) things happening in this pregnancy:
* I am still feeling VERY sick at times but medicine helps if I am proactive in taking it.
* My energy is seeming to come back.
*I could eat an entire box of cereal each day. I love it!!
* I have been craving chicken.... I know that may seem crazy. I haven't eaten or even craved meat once in over a year but right now I want chicken. I am eating it because I assume I need protein, since EGGS and FISH (my normal protein) are a bit repulsing to me. My husband and child tend to look at me like I am a cave woman!
* I am not reading anything about pregnancy this time. That stuff scared me a little bit last time so I am just going with the flow.
* I have a list of baby names (boy and girl) but I think deep down we already have a favorite for both, but we aren't totally ready to commit.
* I plan on "naming" the baby when I have the ultrasound, something I DID NOT do last time but want to do for Ivy's sake this time. I want her to create an identity for the baby.
* Just like last time I was pregnant, my first gut feeling was boy but then it changed to girl after my first doctor's appointment. So that is my guess.... girl.
* My scale at home is broken and I am glad. I was obsessing over weight at the beginning because I was so huge with Ivy. However, I am trying to eat healthy this time and exercise a few times a week. And if I still get huge, then I know it's just my body.
* I am super excited about baby #2- and no matter how much I don't feel comfortable with this stage of pregnancy I would do it again and again and again and again... oh, we better stop right there!!