Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Husband Dearest....

My husband is a trooper! He works all day and comes home to enjoy a very tired, nauseous wife for about 30 minutes.... and then he so lovingly takes over all child-rearing duties until bed time. At this point Ivy wakes me out of my slumber to put her to bed and immediately afterwards I am either gagging or going back to bed. What a good husband he is!!!

And I have to say, Ivy doesn't play with Daddy in the same ways that Mommy plays. Ivy wants to climb all over him like he is her personal jungle gym. She wants him to chase her, tickle her, lift her, and I know it must be tiring. But does he complain, no, does he seem annoyed, no- never! I am just thankful for my husband dearest, I am realizing every day more and more that I have found a diamond in the rough! Thank you, Jesus, for blessing me with an amazing husband and daddy for my many small children (one here, one on the way, and many in my mind)!!

7 comments:

  1. What a great daddy and husband! Hope you start feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture--and what a nice wife you are for noticing and letting him know that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm sorry you're so sick. :(

    I got the little place mat/crumb catcher thing at Babies-R-Us. I have the matching bib and I LOVE them! They work like a charm and are soo easy to clean. They also fold up into the crumb catcher so you can throw them in your diaper bag. I like to bring the place mat when we go out to eat. Anyway - I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing! I am excited for you and baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for great daddies! I'm sure Ivy is enjoying her "rough" nights with Daddy! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww we love Greg :) Hope you start to feel better soon! ~ Chels

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this pic! greg is such a good one. i'm so sorry you're sick. hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!