Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baby is a comin'.....

As many of you may have read on Facebook.... I am expecting baby #2! We are very excited and ready to see Ivy in the role of a big sister. Due to this pregnancy you may notice a slacking on the blog posts... to be honest, I am sick sick sick this time around. I have all day sickness that peaks between the hours of 4pm and 9pm-- LOVELY! However, I know that be pregnant is such a blessing and will be worth every downfall that pregnancy includes :) I am hoping that in the next few weeks I will start to be on the up and up. I am a little over 8 weeks along, and due in mid-September. We are ecstatic about our newest addition and would love for you to join us in praying for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy.

Boy or Girl? We really would not care either way. I would love for Ivy to experience the joy of having a sister, something I never had. But I would love to have a little boy who will enjoy many fishing extravaganzas with his Daddy and hopefully at the end of the day, would be a mama's boy! We are already taking bets..... so far 100% of the voters say "It's a boy!" What do you think?

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sarah!! Ivy is going to be such a good big sister! I'm going to guess GIRL because it seems like everybody is having a girl these days! I can't wait to wait to find out! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! You have the cutest family and now it's going to be one more cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you Sarah!! And since this baby will be born in September & Isis was born in January, won't they be in the same school year when they start school?? Yes I'm thinking ahead, but still!! Yay!!

    And I think it's a boy if your sickness is totally different than last time. But who knows! Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyy!!! congrats, sarah! that is so exciting! i hope you start feeling better soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you all! I am so sorry you are sick...it is the worst feeling EVER! You do what you need to do to feel better because it is MISERABLE. My guess is going to be girl...we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is twins:) Just kidding, I am going with girl!

    Congrats again on the pregnancy. That is so exciting. I am so sorry about the all day sickness. I am right there with you, mine however peaks from 9am- 4pm. Ivy is going to be so fun as a big sister. Praying for health all around:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS! so happy for you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you! I'm guessing boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAN'T WAIT! Do you realize that me and AJ now have 7 nephews and nieces!?!! My poor kids will be the annoying younger cousins at family get togethers!! Haha :)
    And I'm saying BOY :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! I feel your pain on the nausea but hopefully it will go away soon. Mine lasted about 12 weeks and that seems to be the norm. It just made me eat a lot because eating made it go away temporarily (but that was hard to do ALL day!) Here's to a healthy 9 months!!

    Oh and I'm guessing boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you have finally made the announcement--i couldn't keep it a secret any longer---not sure yet what you are having, i need to wait until you have a bump to make my guess. Praying for you to feel better--at least it is worth the sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's exactly when I was sick with Layni and it lasted forever (almost 24 weeks)! So, I'll be praying that it ends quickly for you. I've been sick about 24 hours a day this time around but I'm almost 14 weeks and it's starting to go away, like it should, and I could not be more thankful! I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you, Greg and Ivy! I can only imagine how exciting this time of family expansion is for the Smorstad's. I will keep you in my prayers- that not only you have a healthy baby, but that this pregnancy not be too rough on you and that you can still do all the things that you desire as a mommy, wife, and teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!