Monday, June 29, 2009

Making a New House a Home

We are here! And it is feeling like home. We are loving the space and even more, the yard!! Ivy loves to be outside and that was the hardest part at the townhouse. This morning we watered flowers and the garden and Ivy was in heaven. She even picked the one ripe tomato we had, rinsed it in her bucket, and took a bite! We have met our next door neighbors (a very sweet, older couple) and we hope to meet more this week. We hear there is a family two doors down with a little girl who is 3! HOW FUN!! We are settling in to this new place called home. Here are the many pictures that were promised!


Greg mowing on his new toy!!





Love that I am storing most of Ivy's toys in the chest that was in my kitchen since I now have cabinets galore! It is wonderful to sit in my family room and not feel like I am in a toy store!


I am looking for a mini table and chairs for Ivy's room- any suggestions?




Last night we ventured to dinner and shopping and are learning our way around a new town. We already are enjoying life without Lexington traffic. We notice that we are in the country when we can see the stars so bright and I saw 2 deer on my run this morning! We have made our new house a home :)



12 comments:

  1. love them all... i will tell you that hobby lobby and babies r us has REALLY cute tables! you have done an awesome job, and I am inviting myself down the next time I am in lEX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Sarah! Your house is so cute and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I saw a cute play table and chair set at Kmart the other day. I have seen them at Big Lots too. And, of course there are some at Pottery Barn kids that are absolutely adorable, but quite pricey! I hope you find what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new home!! Oh to be in the country and see stars and deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Big Lots sometimes they have really cute furniture for a good price. Love the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the good ideas on little furniture for ivy's room~ i will be shopping soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the HOUSE! I can not believe how organized you have it already! It is fabulous. The yard looks like lots of fun too!

    Our girls have a table from Toys R US ( I think it is a Kid Kraft) and I want to say it was around $65 ish. It has been great. My only complaint would be that is relatively small and probably won't work for them in a few years.
    You should check around at the consignment stores in Lex, sometimes they have kid tables for really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there an IKEA in Kentucky?? I forget what states have what stores. :) You can order from their website too and they have CHEAP way cute kids stuff. Your house is ADORABLE! I can't believe you already have it looking so great in such short time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! You must be a moving machine to have things looking so great so soon! You go, girl!

    I have the same bedding for Kaylan's big girl room as Miss Ivy! So fun! I found a cute table+chair set at Wal-mart (on-line) for around $60 I plan on ordering once we're moved in. They have lots of options that match the bedding for great prices.

    PS - LOVE that big yard! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the house and the yard! it is so nice. when did y'all get that beast tv?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new house, the move, and making it already look great! I got Colin a little table and chairs at the IKEA in Cincy. They have several different styles that are all reasonably priced. Good luck and have fun getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I am super excited for you and the yard does look amazing.

    If you ever go to Cinci IKEA has cute, not so expensive furniture for children.

    I agree with Alli. I can't believe how organized everything looks. You go girl!!! It will take me months

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah! Your house is beautiful!!! This makes me so happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!