I have a lot of things to tell (some random, some big time, some exciting, some dreadful) so I will be doing it in my all to favorite bullet style:
* I have 1 day left as a part time teacher..... and that means.....
WHOO-HOO my friends, I will be employed full time this fall in my usual first grade location!!!!
Thank you for your prayers and support in this matter. I was so excited to receive a phone call from a principal on Friday afternoon confirming my spot- this is a principal who was so patient to put up with my worry and calmed me 1,000+ times in the last month. I have a totally new appreciation for my job, my school, and the amazing health benefits. Not only that, but I am SUPER DUPER excited to have my class next year to myself. I will miss my fellow teacher friend, but I will not miss sharing my kiddos!! :)
* This coming week I start my first 2 master's classes. I am going to Georgetown and getting it in Elementary Education with an endorsement for ESL (English as a Second Language). I am nervous, excited, and dreading it all at the same time. I don't remember how to be a student and I've never been a student and mommy! Ahhhh- we'll see how it goes!
* We went to our first work picnic for Greg's company- weird, we felt old but young, as we were definitely the babies of the group! It was fun, but I took no pictures as I was chasing Miss Ivy trying to keep her from diving head first into the muddy slip and slide.
* Niko- update- So Ivy's babysitter, Christy, has 4 boys, 1 named Nicholas whom is often referred to as "Niko" by his big brothers. So that explains the name of Ivy's "friend." However, it does not explain how Niko is playing with her and making her laugh sporadically! It also doesn't make sense that she left Niko in the drawer when going to Nana's house the other day. So as of now, I believe Ivy has a full blown friend, but the name was not so original!
* Lastly, our girl has been sleeping in her crib transformed toddler bed for 2 days. We have new toddler bedding that we will be using in the new house and went ahead and changed the bed over to see how she would do. She has been so excited to get into her "big girl bed" and actually throws a fit when you go to get her out. Ivy has yet to realize she can get out on her own but I heard that comes later.... not going to be fun! However, for now she looks so stinking cute that I had to snap a photo! (Greg would have killed me if this would have woken her up- but I could not resist!)