I am thankful for so much this week~ to be celebrating Ivy's first birthday just about brings me to tears to think of all the amazing things that God has taught me and blessed our family with over the last year. Just wanted to share a few of those things with you!
Top 10 Things I am Thankful For:
10. Snow Days. I know it is odd to be thankful for snow days in July but we had lots of them. Enough that I did not work a 5 day week for a very long stretch of time.... at a time when I needed it the most. Greg is laughing that this is on my list. He says he has never seen anything make me so giddy at 5 am like Jessamine floating across the bottom of the TV!
9. Sunshine. Really there is no explanation~ We have had an excellent Summer!
8. Child Care. Ivy has been so lucky :0) I remember reading up on different day cares when I was pregnant and panicking!!! The thought of it really bothered me. Mandi and Debbie were beyond perfect to us during Ivy's first year. They loved Ivy so much every single day!!!! They also tried to provide comfort to me as a working mom by capturing Ivy's smiles with pictures and even often sent me home with some good comfort food. This year I was looking for a home sitter with some other children. Now that Ivy is 1 I want her to be around other kids, especially seeing what a time she has in the nursery. I ran into Kendra, at Hobby Lobby, of all places and after just a few moments realized God had put us there at the right time!!! She will be keeping Ivy with her little boy John Hunter. It is going to be a great fit~ We played today and are so thankful for this situation.
Dear John Hunter,
Thanks for playing with me today! We are going to have a blast playing with your boy toys and hugging on each other~ (Why did we not get a picture of that???) I loved your cheddar cheerios and can't wait to meet your doggie. I am looking forward to hanging out and learning how to "bump" fists with you. See you soon :)
7. Fitness 19. I know this sounds very shallow but really, health has always been very important to Greg and I but with financial cut backs we couldn't continue our Y membership. We went a few months without and then found Fitness 19 "affordable fitness." It is worth every bit of $12 to be energized with my morning and Greg's evening work outs.
6. Health. Aside from a few ear infections, we have a healthy 1 year old girl.
5. Giggles. Seems quite simple but from the first moment I heard Ivy laugh through today when she giggled I am filled with joy.
4. Healing. We have had major emotional healing in some family situations. We know that has only been made possible through God and lots of prayer.
3. My Job Share. Last year was hands down the most difficult time of my life. I wanted so bad to have balance in my life and working full time did not provide me with balance. I was utterly exhausted and didn't feel like I could be the mom and wife I am called to be. I am so blessed to work at a place where I have the option to teach part time.
2. Family~ We are so fortunate to have family right here in Lexington. Ivy is blessed with 2 sets of grandparents who love her very much. She also has her Unc and Aunt Chels in Cinci and is so lucky to have them shed their love on her every time they get to see her.
1. The gift of life. Watching Ivy grow and change everyday is the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. I love to see life through her new eyes.
Thank you for letting me share!!! We have so much to be thankful for :)