Saturday, January 24, 2009

Play Dates & "Wuv You"s

Yesterday Ivy and I had a great day!! We got to have a play date with Vada and Stella. Ivy calls them "Day-da" and "Ta-ta"- while Ivy is forever going to be referred to as "Baby Ivy." This is the first picture that Diana and I have ever captured with both Ivy and Stella together. They are destined to be best friends.... the mommies already decided this one! We went to the library to enjoy storytime. I was originally sad to give up Monday story time but this one was perfect and Vada was able to enjoy it alot more because it caters to children ages 1-5. I love story time! I love all the little ones appreciate it in their own way. Vada is a performer, Stella is a listener, and Ivy is a socialite! They are so sweet :) We went to their house for lunch (Diana, it was awesome!) and the girls played while we were able to chat. I have said it before and I will say it again-- I am so thankful for this friendship! I am thankful for working part time as it has really allowed our friendship to grow. We are able to share mommy advice, vent about our hang ups, and laugh at our girlies!
We came home and rested up for Unc and Esie's arrival. We enjoyed a yummy (very vegetarian) eggplant parmesan that my mom made. This was a favorite meal before the veg makeover and we doubly enjoyed it last night! No pictures.... :( But I must say we had a great time laughing and enjoying their company. Today my grandparents came up to celebrate my Grandpa's 75th birthday! He is 50 years and 2 days older than me~ this was a big year for him!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I try not to blog about every little thing that Ivy is doing, but this really melts my heart every time. Last night she responded to Nana and Pops "Love you" with her own "Wuv you." She has since told me about 100 times and every time I just about die!! I am so glad that she can respond to us when we say this and know that what we are saying is special. She rubs my cheek and said "Wuv you" this morning when we were laying in bed. I just love my little girl to pieces and am so excited about this mini milestone.