Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Birthday Surprise!




Today marks the day that I am 25! A quarter of a century, entering the mid-twenties, and getting sort of old feeling. I feel like 25 is 10 years older than 24.... however, I am so thankful for where I am right now in my life. I couldn't be happier being a mom and a wife. I truly feel so blessed. I think my 25th year is going to bring so many positive changes! The best present that I will receive this year is Greg's graduation which will lead us to so many opportunities~ YAY!!!!
So today I had to work. Not too thrilled about that portion of my life, but it is a one day week so I can't complain. (My class and the first grade team made my work day special!) AND... we have a super babysitter that pulled off a fantastic surprise with the conspiracy of Greg and my Mom. She had Ivy's picture made in a new outfit my mom got for her. Then she made me the cute frame with Ivy's handprints. I LOVE IT!!! (I had trouble capturing it's greatness because it was too big to scan.) But it was so sweet of her. She did this all with by herself with a husband out of town, a 2 year old wild man, and a styling eyepatch (underneath she bears 3 stitches). Seriously, Kendra, you amaze me! Thanks for all you do!

9 comments:

  1. yeah that you were surprised! did you mom and greg like the photos??? Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! That picture and frame are soo precious!

    I'll always remember your birthday now because its also our anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise!! Hope you've had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I would have loved that gift!It's not that bad being 25!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great b-day! happy 25th for the third time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! My 25th birthday is on the 26th and I am thinking it's very old as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable! What a great surprise! What happened to Kendra?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!