Monday, May 24, 2010

Mommy-Daughter Movie Night


On Friday, Ivy and I had our FIRST EVER mommy and daughter movie night. It was so much fun!! Daddy was going to be gone camping, so I wanted to plan something special. I told Ivy we could go eat anywhere.... we went to Fazoli's (her choice)! Then I told her we were going to the movie store to get a princess movie to watch. She LOVED Blockbuster and was so excited to see the Ariel movie. Ariel is her favorite Disney princess without ever seeing The Little Mermaid. I told her that we would watch it on the couch and snuggle with our PJ's on. I also asked her if she wanted to pop popcorn.... and of course Miss Opinionated had a request.... CHEESE popcorn. I didn't know she had ever had or seen cheese popcorn but she informed me, "Yes, Mommy, I know cheese popcorn. It's orange!" So cheese popcorn it was!
We had a great evening together and hope to continue the Friday night tradition of family movie nights. I love knowing that a 2 year old can feel like a princess with a meal at Fazoli's, renting a movie, and having CHEESE popcorn on the couch with her PJ's on!
***
It was fun but we were glad our Daddy was home the next evening and we have already invited him to our next movie night!!