Monday, May 10, 2010

Big Girl Room

Over the last few weeks we have made the complete transition to a big girl room. I wasn't too worried about the change since she has been in a toddler bed since last May... but I still had a little fear about her being higher up and having both sides bare. We started with the boxsprings and mattress and then last week they delivered the bed and dresser and we fully moved from toddler room to big girl room. Ivy seems so old when I tuck he into that big bed at night. With the big bed, I have really been enjoying snuggling with Ivy right after we read stories and first thing when she wakes up in the morning.
***
This transition has made Tula feel so real and so soon! We moved the baby furniture across the hall into what will soon be Tula's room. This summer we will paint and start preparing for our new little princess :) We can't wait.
***
I know all of this is just part of a growing family and little girls growing up, but sometimes it seems like it is going too fast! I would love to push pause on Ivy's little life.... on a good 2 year old day, that is!


11 comments:

  1. too cute!!! So are you naming #2 Tula? Did I miss that post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I must be pushing pause over and over again because Rhett is still sleeping in a crib. Forget big boy room, I'm not even ready for toddler bed! Rhett can no longer come to visit...if he does, Ivy isn't allowed to show him her bed! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute! I just love it. It is kinda sad when they move up to a big girl bed. Although Gabby still seems somewhat babyish because she still sleeps with a paci....GASP...I know I am a horrible mother:) I just have felt led to fight that battle yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! I bet Ivy loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty room! We have Bailey's big girl bed still in the boxes in our garage! On one hand I can't wait to get it all set up, but then it makes me sad at the same time!

    Is the toy/book shelf thing from Target? I looked at one just like it. If so, do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new header picture by the way!

    I swear the big bed transition is harder on the parents than it is the kids. They do look so tiny in that big bed, yet so grown up. Let me know if you find a way to freeze time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber~ yes, baby girl #2 will be Tula! We are excited.
    Nicole~ the shelf is from Target and we really like it. The messy toys are in the bins and the neater ones are on the open shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I think Ella and Ivy have the same dresser and cubical bookshelf! haha :) We must think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. crazy how fast she's grown up...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!...is it bad that it kinda makes me sad though??? I'm glad there's another little one on the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!