Ivy girl has pneumonia!!! We are all a little shocked since she barely has a cough. I went to pick her up from Kendra's where she had been pretty lifeless all day long. She just wanted to sleep. She ran a fever all day~ and Kendra helped keep her comfortable with Tylenol and the paci. (Thank you, Kendra!!! That is exactly what I would have done~) Then when I got home her fever was up to 103.2. It still wasn't time for more meds and the dr. appt was not until 5:20. I was assuming it was something simple- like an ear infection, this it the only ailment we really know about!! We saw Dr. Hood- ears looked great, throat looked great, so what was the trouble? It was obvious Ivy was not herself. (She had yet to even talk to me since picking her up.) So after blood work and 3 chest x-rays later.... yes, I was freaking out a little... they diagnosed our girl with pneumonia. She got an antibiotic in the form of a big, horrible shot and they sent us on our way. However, the didn't forget to tell me all the dangers that could take place. So I came home, was nervous all night, but we survived!! We are just resting today and going back for more x-rays and blood work this afternoon. Please say a little prayer for Ivy Girl. We want her to feel better soon!
We went back to the doctor this afternoon. I didn't think anything could be more traumatic that yesterday.... I was wrong. Dr. Hood was not impressed with her improvement or lack thereof. She was concerned that Ivy was panting. Dr's orders- more blood work, checking oxygen levels, and then a breathing treatment. Sticking her poor finger was worse than yesterday because she knew it was coming, her oxygen levels were good- YAY, and the breathing treatment was treacherous. Seriously! I had to hold her still for 12 minutes with a mask on her face. She was scared and I felt terrible for her. I sang my heart out to comfort her... I am pretty sure it brought pain to the ears of the poor receptionist. haha! :) Her white blood count was getting closer to normal so they decided to do the same antibiotic shot that they had done yesterday. Horrible- again. We start oral meds tomorrow and hopefully will start to improve. If not, we have to go back on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. This is what we are praying for~ we want the meds to work, we want her temperature to be normal without Tylenol around the clock, and we don't want to go back to the doctor. Thanks for your prayers and support!