Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ivy Sleds and Ivyisms



Ivy's version of sledding in winter's past has involved riding in a little seated sled while Greg pulls her around by a string. Ivy had lots of fun but Greg got a major workout. This year he decided that Ivy was ready for more mature adventures! He was excited to leave work a little early, pick up a new "big kid" sled, and come home to take his girl out in the snow. Ivy had a blast and it wore her out so much that she went to be before 7 pm!! We might need to go sledding more often :)

Ivyisms!
Ivy makes us laugh daily! If I wrote down all the funny things that she says I would be blogging every day- and this mama doesn't have that much time!! So here are some things that we don't want to forget....

Ivy: Mommy, I wish I was Mary and daddy was Joseph.
Mommy: Why? (very confused.... )
Ivy: Because I just love baby Jesuses.
While driving by one of those BEAUTIFUL (ha) and ginormous plastic outdoor nativity scenes. I tried to explain that we can love Jesus and He loves us but we don't have to/can't be his mommy and daddy.
Ivy's Response: But I still love baby Jesuses

Ivy: What is under Santa's nose?
Mommy: That is called a mustache.
Ivy: Where is his beard?
Mommy points to beard.
Ivy is in deep thought.
Ivy: Where does his snot go?
Mommy: I bet Santa uses a Kleenex.
Ivy: But what if he doesn't get a kleenex real fast?
Mommy: I guess it gets on his mustache.
Ivy: Ewwww..... that's "ascusting"!
10 minutes later.... still reading the book.
Ivy: Ewwww.... yuck, Santa. You are yucky!

Ivy and an undisclosed, beautiful girl getting ready!
Girl: Ivy, do you like this? (Pointing to outfit)
Ivy: I wouldn't wear it.
Are you serious? Not to mention.... girl had on such a cute outfit!!!

Ivy: Oh my goodness, Mommy!!!!!
Mommy: What, Ivy? (a little nervous at what she is about to say)
Ivy: Cracking up..... Those cars look like hotdogs.
Mommy and Daddy look over at a parking lot filled with limos!