Sunday, December 12, 2010

Date Night.... Not Really

So I guess you could say that we had our first date night last night..... but do you really consider going to a work Christmas party for your husband a date night?

Date Night Check List

* No children..... check

* A glass of wine.... check

* A delicious dinner.... check

* Getting dressed up..... check

* Hanging out with great friends.... not so much!

So yes, Greg and I got to get dressed up and go out sans kids for the first time but really the company is everything. Don't get me wrong! The people are nice, they really are :) but not necessarily the crowd I want to spend my "date night" with. Next year I have a plan, get sitters for the said work Christmas party but go to dinner with friends instead! The only down fall... I don't think friends give you a Christmas bonus. Guess we will have to stick to the work party!

While we were at the party.... my heart was secretly left with this little one!!
Tula is getting so big :) She is adjusting great to mommy being back at work. She is loving life at Kristy's and overwhelmed by the attention she gets from lots of little eyes each day. She is napping great and taking the bottle with no problem. She comes home and catches up on boob time like you wouldn't believe and is sleeping great at night. We can't complain..... well except for one little thing.....

We have our first ear infection. Boo!!! Our snotty nose finally caught up with us and caused the oh so familiar ear infection. The dr. tried to give me the "this is what causes the inner ear infection" spill.... and I told him to basically save his breath we know this road all to well. Both girls got the first ear infection before their 4 month birthday and once again I predict tubes in the future. Tula has spend lots of time cuddling with Mommy, Daddy, big sister, and her beloved blankie. And really she is the happiest sick baby I know!!

So cheers to a faux date night, a well adjusted back to work mommy and baby, and a little one who is happy and sleeping even with hurty ears!