The view from up here....
The view from out there....
Well, I say it is a "much needed update".... not because much has changed but because I don't think I have blogged about pregnancy since about 20 weeks. I suppose that is what happens with your second- it is a lot more fun to take pictures of Ivy than it is to try to pose for a picture myself!
So I am 33 weeks pregnant today.
Exactly 7 weeks from this moment I will be holding Baby Tula.... and I can't wait.... or maybe I can. I am excited (but nervous) about being a mommy to a newborn again but I am just praying that all the insight I gained through reading and talking to other mommies will come flooding back. I truly love the newborn stage. I loved it with Ivy and I am excited to be back in that place. I looked at her baby pictures this morning and got giddy inside. But I know it will be different and that is why I am nervous. I am going to have to carve out time for EVERYONE and this will be a new feeling. I am thankful for my many friends that I have already watched adjust to being a mommy of 2... and they survived!
Thoughts on this pregnancy:
* I feel one million times better this time than I did with Ivy....
a. I am eating way healthier.
b. I am more active- walking 4-5 days a week.
c. I have no choice but to get up and get moving every day!
* I have gained about the same amount of weight to this point... but it looks very different this time. I don't see it as much besides in my belly. By this time last time I was already VERY swollen and it was ALL OVER weight.
* Heartburn- yes!
* Cravings- fruit and ice cream
* Nursery- almost done... :) (pictures soon!)
* Most excited about- nursing again, loved this time with Ivy and it was cut short due a variety of things that led to her to stop... this time I know what to do different as a working mommy!
* Most worried about- Ivy adjusting and feeling just as loved!
* So far I have liked this pregnancy so much more. It has flown by and I am feeling so much more comfortable. I hope to continue this positive mantra when school starts and I am EXHAUSTED!
* Once again, I am crazy and love being pregnant in the summer. I will plan it this way again and again. People always say.... "Picked a hot summer to be pregnant"... but really I wouldn't have it any other way!
UPDATE: Since I know you all care (NOT REALLY!!), but I do and am so excited about this update. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am 6 lbs down from where I was with Ivy at this same point. Which is super exciting!! I gained a whopping 52 lbs with her and anything less would be a total victory. Heck, maybe by my 3rd baby I will stay between 25-35 like they suggest. For now, I have gained 29 lbs at 33 weeks! Cheers to that :)