Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

It is hard to believe that 2011 has come to a close but it really has. At the end of the year I always like to reflect on the year that has just flown by. I wish I could say the year of 2011 has been full of lazy days laying in a backyard hammock.... but I can't .... for one, Greg just got this little gift for Christmas and for two, we have a busy life! Busy would be the word to describe the year of 2011-

Busy balancing two full time working parents and two full time silly girls!
Busy with grad school and pre-school and a big LA license test for the hubs.
Busy with birthdays and vacations- perfection!
Busy with sick children and at times, brokenness.
Busy with holidays and family traditions.
Busy with dinners with friends.
Busy creating memories and taking care of each other through it all!

Thankful to be busy with the people I love the most and hoping for a relaxing 2012.
Next year I promise to relax more, and be busy less by....

*spending more quiet moments with my husband of almost 7 years (just 8 more days).
*finishing grad school (in May)
*enjoying the small things that create memories for my family- art projects, cooking together, game playing, movie nights, playing make believe, taking walks, backyard camp outs, and more
*continue to memorize scripture with Ivy and teach her about Jesus' love (still learning myself)
*take life one. day. at. a. time.

Here's to a new year with more lazy nap times in this hammock with the greatest husband ever!