Thursday, June 30, 2011

Play Dough Fun

Well, since this summer hasn't been filled with perfect pool days (like today- yay!!) I have had to become creative. What can we do at home.... fun, free, and using what we already have! When Tula is taking her morning nap I spend time doing something with Ivy- our special Mommy and me time- we play games, color, paint, do play dough, string bead necklaces, etc. But those things have all been used a few too many times. So we put together pipe cleaners, beads, and play dough to create these little creatures:

She was so proud :) Mommy was trying to stick to the easies... dogs, cats, pigs, etc. But Ivy was persistent that we need a giraffe- our favorite zoo animal! So the purple and yellow.... yep, it is our shot at a giraffe!

Here she is putting finishing touches on a baby jellyfish- :)

I am hoping since I posted this fun, easy, items you have on hand, kind-of craft for those rainy days.... they will be jinxed and we will have all sunshine from here on out! We deserve it!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. I think thee giraffe looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mama! Ivy looks so proud. Come on down to TX...nothing but sunshine and 100 degree weather! Because of that, we do our own share of indoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! I'll have to keep that in mind when I have little kiddos running around on rainy days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!