Saturday, March 6, 2010

From the Mouth of Ivy....

Sometimes I look at this sweet, innocent little girl and can't believe the things that come out of her mouth. Some things that she says I try to forget, but others give me a lot of smiles.... since she is only 2!! Ivy, don't get any ideas, if you have the attitude you have now when you are 13 it won't go over so well. So onto the words out of her mouth....

Yesterday afternoon Ivy had about 4 major tantrums in a 20 minute span.
All were because I told her no about something that she wanted.
After her third meltdown, she went to go get something out of the drawer that I had already said no about. So I looked at her and with a very firm voice said, "Ivy, I said NO!"

She turned and responded with the firmest voice a 2 year old can have and said,
"Mommy, you don't say NO, you say yes mam! Okay???"

First, I about died, trying to hold in my laughter!! Then, I tried to explain the difference between me and her, but she walked away as if she was saying... save it for another day, lady!!

8 comments:

  1. It is AMAZING some of the things they come up with. And it is SO hard not to laugh:) But I agree, they are running out of time...sooner than later it won't be so funny anymore.

    ON another note...you need to start posting some pregnancy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, isn't it amazing how big their attitudes can be?? Very funny, even though we can't let them know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinkin' cute! :) I'm sure I won't think so when it's my kid with the attitude though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha this is so funny! i've laughed so much thinking about it the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you love teaching them manners only to have them use it against you?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, out of the mouth of babes! They do say the funniest things when you're trying to be serious. I'm proud of you that you didn't just break down in laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like mother like daughter---it makes me smile more now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha... don't you love it? Ella has told me on several occasions "Mommy don't say no!". I just smile and say no :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!