Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Crafts

Fall is one of my favorite seasons (I say that during each season!!) and as a first grade teacher I am partial to cutesy crafts.... however, I do not have much patience that do these with a 2 year old!! We will be crafting like crazy when she gets a little older. That is why I am oh so thankful for Kristy... Ivy's wonderful babysitter. We are fortunate enough to have an in home sitter that is run with the organization of a daycare. They have a set schedule and have art time every day. Needless to say, Ivy comes home with some of the most precious things. BUT you must know- I AM NOT A PACK RAT!!! Actually, I get made fun of for tossing everything. So I am left with a dilemma. I love the crafts Ivy makes but I can't possibly save them for the next 18 years. My friend, and avid scrapbooker gave me the excellent idea, to take Ivy's picture with my favorites of each season or month. So here goes the start of my tradition (and I am so sad, that I missed this opportunity for all her Halloween ones!).


IvyGirl proudly displaying her November crafts!!

6 comments:

  1. I have the same issue each week with Colin's craft from Mom's Day Out. He's so proud to show it to me but like you, I'm not a packrat and can't keep everything. I have 4 frames that I have good intentions of using to rotate the art of the week but I have yet to manage to do that. Somehow the trash just seems so much easier - terrible!

    Oh and I'm right there with you on the patience thing. How these teachers/daycare workers can do it, with more than one even, is just amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivy looks so proud! Kristy is a blessing--makes working full time not so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of putting the art in frames each week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's an awesome idea!!! although...Kaiden just drew his 1st pumpkin at school this year...and that will be kept and displayed at his high school graduation party:) haha Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i love ivy's boots with those pants....it was so good to see her these past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Her little boots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement as I travel through this season of life called mommyhood!