Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pinteresty Fall Break

For a long time, I fought the urge to join Pinterest.... but then when planning Ivy's rainbow birthday party I caved and boy, am I thankful.  In fact, I can't imagine how many things I would have tackled in the summer had I been a part of this wonderful surplus of knowledge! Oh well, there is always next summer to look forward to. So this week we had a very Pinteresty week at the Smorstad household!


We made bird feeders!
Materials:
Toilet Paper Roll
Peanut Butter
Birdseed
String/Ribbon
The girls even enjoyed a few fingerlicks of the peanut butter!
The birds definitely enjoyed the feeders as they have almost been licked clean! We will have to make more soon!

Then we did a science experiment post nap one day! This kept Tula and Ivy busy and entertained for over an hour!
Materials:
Baking Soda
Food Coloring
Vinegar
Medicine Droppers

Tula loved to watch it bubble and Ivy was excited to see how many different colors she could make.  Separating the colors vinegar in muffin tins was a great way to keep things clean!

Every fancy girl loves glitter so Ivy was beyond excited to make these glitter pumpkins!

This will definitely be a fall tradition!

Then we made this yummy pumpkin fluff dip!
Oh my absolutely delicious and easy!  It is also healthy.... well, I don't know if you are supposed to eat it all in one day like the Smorstad family did! But nonetheless, it was so good! We enjoyed dipping fruit and graham crackers into this tasty treat.

The not so fun, but oh so necessary cleaning projects!
 I also was a little bit productive and did some cleaning with a little baking soda and vinegar!
I "de-funked" my bathroom towels using a tip found  here. I was so excited because I have bought so many new towels when mine have started to smell funny and seem like they are stuck in a wet state. So far this money saver worked, and my towels are good as new!

 We also used these household products to clean my dishwasher using this trick. I am hoping this works and will keep our dishwasher smelling good as new!

The Smorstad Family has definitely been reaping the benefits of Pinterest this week.  If you haven't been Pinteresting your life just yet, I think it is time!